Convicts & Cthulhu
The circumstances of English settlement of Australia in 1788 are as unique as they are ghastly. Conceived as a self-contained prison, literally on the other side of the globe from the ‘civilized world,’ the colony of New South Wales was supposed to be somewhere that every “undesirable” element from Britain could be banished. What nobody considered was the potential for catastrophe and the forces that had slept in this isolated continent for untold aeons...
This is the setting of Convicts & Cthulhu, a claustrophobic and remote microcosm in which horrors – both old and new – prey upon men and women unfortunate enough to find themselves sentenced to the penal colonies of New South Wales and its dependencies.
The Cthulhu Hack: Convicts & Cthulhu adapts the setting to the Hack core, jammed into almost 8,000 words of content, including:
- Themed options for character development, including pre-sentence Occupations
- Random Offences for convicts, from Highway Robbery to Theft of Bacon
- Summary notes on the setting, including settlements and scarcity of Equipment
- Rules on Shock and new Creatures of the Mythos - including the Bunyip
- A 10-page Adventure Outline - Longships and Short Fuses - with map by Pär Lindström